There is no magic bullet approach to marketing for law firms. You need to take the time to understand your brand and your market position, develop a comprehensive strategy and plan how you will implement that strategy with tactics that provide the best return on invesment. It sounds hard, but John Gray Marketing is here to help with a complete law firm marketing service.
Led by a practising lawyer, our legal marketing team, and carefully selected contractors, provide a complete marketing for lawyers solution.
Our law firm marketing services cover all aspects of marketing for lawyers. We don’t overvalue the latest trend in marketing just to sell you a product.
Whether you’re an established firm, just starting out, a sole practitioner or a large firm – we can meet your law firm marketing needs.
Our ”inhouse marketing manager” retainers are our most popular service line. This involves a fixed term, fixed fee arrangement that provides you with the benefits of a senior legal marketing manager at a level to suit your requirements at a fraction of the cost of a full-time equivalent role.
Most importantly these services are provided by someone that understands law firm marketing, not just a generalist marketer. We understand the practice of the law and we understand marketing for lawyers.
Strategy, Planning & Management
- Development and bi-annual reviews of a your firm’s legal marketing strategy
- Section, key staff or key client marketing plans
- Development and maintenance of a marketing budget
- Marketing budget reporting
- Critical review or ROI reports on projects
John Gray Marketing enables us to have, on tap, the resources of a top tier marketing department, without the overhead. As a boutique practice our needs are specialised and require someone with well developed knowledge of the Queensland legal market. John’s experience has been invaluable in developing our credentialing documents and tender documents and in setting our marketing and client strategy. I have no hesitation in strongly recommending John to any legal firm. Rohen Cullen, Principal, Franklin Athanasellis Cullen Lawyers
John Gray has a practical approach to law firm marketing and has a good understanding of what works and what doesn’t, and has helped us considerably in pulling together our marketing program. Steve Morgan, General Manager, Kelly Legal. [read more testimonials]
- Firm newsletter
- Practice area brochures
- Partner profiles and CV’s
- Business card ordering
- Maintaining all publications “on brand”
- Proof reading and editing legal articles
- Basic photography
Profile & Promotions
- Preparation and distribution of media releases
- Liaising with advertisers, promoters and salespeople
- Managing sponsorships and community contributions
- Maintaining a community involvement register
Web & Email
- Keeping legal marketing content current!
- Writing and editing new legal marketing content
- Liaising with web designers
- Liaising with web hosts
- New staff profiles written
- Email newsletters prepared and distributed
- Email lists stored and maintained
- Event strategy and planning
- Topic identification and focus
- Venue identification and liaison
- Target market identification
Coaching & Education
- Marketing for lawyers induction for new staff
- Marketing for lawyers coaching and education sessions
- Regular marketing tips & tactics emails
- Strategies for client satisfaction
- Client feedback program design
- “First impression” reviews and coaching
- Client’s viewpoint review of firm letters & precedents
- Client/Referrer reward program and strategies
Data & Administration
- Monthly Activity Reports
- Analysis and reporting on client/matter types
- Electronic storage of marketing resources
- Merchandise stock take and ordering